Yin yoga is a quiet, introspective practice where students hold postures for 3-5 minutes with and without the use of props to gradually target connective tissues such as the joints, ligaments and fascia of the body. A regular Yin practice can encourage greater mental focus, lower stress levels, increased joint mobility, fascial release, greater stamina, and improved circulation.
Yin is ideal for students looking for a slower, more introspective practice that works toward increasing joint mobility.
All levels welcome. Because this is a contemplative practice, some prior mindfulness/meditation experience is helpful.
Masks Required: This class is a Masked Class, meaning that our teacher and all students will wear a mask over their nose and mouth for all of class, regardless of vaccination status. We would love it if you were able to bring your own mask, but we have masks available at the studio for you to use in a pinch!
Instructor- Sangha Studio Staff
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options at Checkout.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Use this option to pay your balance in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is mailing, using the drop box, or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. Reminder- the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received.
- The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check prior to the first day of the program or before the deadline if there is one.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program.
- If a program is Full, you can register and will be put on a waiting list. No fee for waiting list.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).