Early-Bird Discounts- (for Residents Only)
Sunday, November 21- Grades 3rd-8th
Sunday, December 19- Grades 1st-2nd
$10 off the listed prices below, if registered and paid prior to the dates above
Discount is taking at the time of check out.
Offline payments, check or cash, need to be in prior to the dates above to get the Early-Bird Pricing.
Programs are determined-
Tuesday, November 23- Grades 3rd-8th
Tuesday, December 21- Grades 1st-2nd
If numbers do not meet the minimum to form a team programs could be combined or cancelled.
Coaches also needed to have a team- No Coach, No Team.
All registrations after the deadlines will be placed on a team if space allows.
Note: You must register with the town you reside in first; so that the town gets the numbers needed to offer a program. If they don't get the needed numbers the Towns of Charlotte, Hinesburg, Shelburne and Williston work together, when they can, to see that every child has the opportunity to play.
The Recreation Dept will be following the guidelines of the schools at this time, which are Everyone- players, coaches, parents, spectators & referees, will wear a mask while in the school- practicing, playing, coaching or watching games.
The Rec. Youth Basketball Programs are geared for those who want to learn, play and experience the game of basketball in a fun and enjoyable atmosphere. Each program is different in the level of play and competition.
Program starts with a Kick-Off Day- Saturday, January 8, 11:00a-12:00p
Meets once a week on Saturdays in January and February.
Program is 1 hour each Saturday- 1/2 hour Practice, 1/2 hour Scrimmage.
3rd-8th grade Programs:
Practices: 1 practice per week.
3rd/4th- Practice nights are Mon, Tues or Thurs based on availability of volunteer coaches. (you will be asked during registration for one conflict night)
5th/6th Boys- Mondays or Thursdays (you will be asked during registration for one conflict night)
5th/6th Girls- Mondays in Hinesburg- Williston & Hinesburg are combining players to have a team..
7th/8th Boys- Wednesdays
Saturdays in Jan. & Feb.
Schedules TBD (schedules will be distributed later and will be on this web page)
Volunteer Coaches Needed!
To make the programs successful we need your help! We rely on parents and community members to volunteer their time to coach groups of children that are looking for a positive basketball experience. Please sign up to coach when you register your child or volunteer if you don't have children in the program.
Coach's Meetings are planned for:
Grades 3rd-8th- Monday, November 29- Time to be Determined
Grades 1st-2nd- To be Determined
Benefits of Participation: Learn New Things, Make New Friends, Have Fun!
*Teach Leadership, Teamwork & Sportsmanship
*Build Strong Relationships, Social and Community Bonds
*Enhance Self-Confidence and Self Esteem
*Physical Activity and Health
*1st/2nd Basketball- Coed
The program provides the opportunity for children to learn the game, improve their skills, and enjoy playing.
It meets once week on Saturdays for 1 hour each time- 1/2 hour Practice, 1/2 hour Game.
Program begins in January.
Separate boys and girls programs are offered, if numbers allow.
The program provides the opportunity for children to play and improve their skills.
The program meets twice a week for 1 hour each time- 1 practice and 1 game per week.
Separate boys and girls leagues ar offered, if numbers allow.
The leagues meet twice a week for 1 hour each time- 1 practice and 1 game per week.
The 5th-6th leagues are part of the CVRA League, which plays other Rec. Depts.
*7th/8th Basketball- Boys
There is a league for boys 7th/8th, if the numbers allow.
The league meets twice a week for 1 hour each time- 1 practice and 1 game per week.
The 7th-8th league is part of the CVRA League, which plays other Rec. Depts.
NOTE: There is no 7th/8th Girls league, due to no other teams to play.
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options at Checkout.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Use this option to pay your balance in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is mailing, using the drop box, or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. Reminder- the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received.
- The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check prior to the first day of the program or before the deadline if there is one.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program.
- If a program is Full, you can register and will be put on a waiting list. No fee for waiting list.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).
Additional Forms and Files:
1st-2nd Grade Program (Coed)
3rd-4th Grade Programs
- Separate programs are offered for Boys & Girls.
- Practice Nights are one of the following- Mon, Tues, or Thurs. (You will be asked for a conflict night)
5th-6th Grade Programs
- Separate programs are offered for Boys & Girls.
- Practice Nights are Mon or Thurs for Boys. (You will be asked for a conflict night)
- Practice Night is Tuesday for the Girls.
7th-8th Grade Program
- Practice Night is Wednesdays.