Game Design 101 w/Tinker- Grades 3-5, Online-Live
Note: These programs are online and live with a Wicked Cool for Kids Instructor.
Session 1 has to be taken before session 2
Learn programming using a fun scenario-based approach and build games! Side Scroller Survival introduces the basics of motion and animation using puzzle modules to reinforce coding concepts (e.g., sequencing, loops) to help an astronaut collect supplies, navigate a friendly dragon through obstacles, and apply knowledge of angles to navigate a spaceship Actor on a grid. Create scenes with actors that jump, tell stories and interact with inputs.
Continue the programming fun with BeatBot Battle and program a robot to make it dance. Create fun musical projects and minigames with a variety of instruments and tempos. Learn about sequencing, patterns and logic to prepare you to go on a mission to navigate Red Baron’s Adventure through the desert collecting medals.
Prerequisite: Game Design 101, Session 1
Registration Deadlines: Minimum number of 6 has to be reached in each session. So, Register Now!
Session 1 register by Oct. 5
Session 2 register by Oct. 18
Online Program requires a modern desktop or laptop computer, Chromebook, or Netbook with Internet access and a Chrome (29+), Firefox (30+), Safari (7+), or Edge (20+) browser.
No downloads required. No previous coding experience necessary
Instructor: Wicked Cool for Kids
Bio: For over 10 years WCFK has provided high quality, educational, and fun STEAM enrichment programs for kids in partnership with local community based organizations. Our approach is based on balancing education and recreation so that kids have fun through experiential learning.
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options. At Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Use this option to pay your balance in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is mailing, using the drop box, or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. Reminder- the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received.
- The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).