Learn the Ukulele
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Ukuleles are easy to learn how to play, even if you have no musical background. Want to join in the fun?
Learn to make chords, strum smoothly, and gain confidence in playing along with others. Bring a ukulele, an electronic clip-on tuner, and an adventurous spirit.
For those with left-hand, baritone, or low-G ukuleles, the ability to translate chords yourself is needed.
Ukuleles are available to rent for the program ($20), or can be purchased for $42 to $59, depending on the model. Tuners are $15 each.
Instructor: Clare Innes
Bio: Clare is a ukulele and harmonica teacher, performer, and sing-along/play-along event leader. Her light-hearted approach to learning makes classes fun, interactive, and encouraging for all levels of students, including those who have convinced themselves that they are not musically inclined.
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options.
- At the end of Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. Online Payment Option is with a credit card (A convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one stated), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before, as list are delivered on Friday.
- 2. Offline Payment Option is paying with check or cash that can be mailed, using the drop box, or bringing in to the Rec. Office. Please include the receipt that is generated after you register. The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- NOTE: the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received when using the Offline Payment Option.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program. Some programs do not allow registration after the first meeting of the program or after the deadline date.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program can be cancelled due to low enrollment).