Independence Day Celebration
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
NOTE: Road Closure- Rt. 2 Old Stage Road to Johnson Farm, July 3, 9:30-11:30a
Schedule of Events:
Friday, July 2
Activities or Events for Friday still in the planning stages
Updates will follow and be posted here
Saturday, July 3
Parade- 10:00am Williston Road. (From Johnson Lane to Old Stage Road)
5K Run- 5:00pm Williston Community Park
Fireworks- 9:30pm Williston Community Park
Register for the Parade below
- To participate in the parade you must register, please register below.
- There is no fee to register, at checkout choose the Online Payment option, you will not be charged.
- An email will be sent after you register with a confirmation of your entry
- Another email will be sent, prior to July 3, with instructions for line up.
- Parade Route: Williston Road- Route 2, west bound from Johnson’s Farm to Old Stage Road.
- Parade Staging and Lineup: Begins at Johnson’s Farm on route 2, Williston Road.
- Day of Parade: All parade entries must be at the staging area prior to 9:30am. The road closes at 9:30am.
- Parade Judging: There will be NO judging this year.
- No throwing candy or objects from vehicles or floats, or throwing anything into crowds.
- Walkers may hand items to spectators along the parade route. The goal is to keep spectators Safe, by not entering the roadway to retrieve items or not hitting unexpected people with candy or objects.
- Prohibited items: water pistols/guns, super-soakers, water balloons and other devices that propel water from vehicles, floats or walkers into the parade spectators.
- Drivers of all vehicles/floats in the parade must have a valid driver’s license and be 21 years of age or older and drug and alcohol free.
- Any entry that includes children must have adequate adult supervision. Adult supervision is required on all floats and open vehicles carrying children.
- Participants must not sit on vehicles/equipment that are not intended for that purpose. Participants may not sit on vehicle hoods/trunks.
- Emergency exit accessibility must be available on all floats/vehicles. All participants on floats/vehicle must have direct communication with driver of float or vehicle.
- All floats/vehicles carrying people must be equipped with adequate restraining devices (seat belts or protective railings) capable of stopping anyone falling from the unit.
- All parade participants must be wearing safety equipment for the means of transportation they are on. Example; bikes, scooters, skateboards, horses, etc.
- Playing music is only allowed on parade route during parade time. It is to be kept to a reasonable level for your participants to hear and act to. Sounds will not interfere with other floats or vehicles on parade route.
- Blowing of vehicle horns is strictly prohibited on parade route. Sirens of emergency vehicles is permitted and are to be kept at a reasonable level and only used when not a disturbance to parade watchers or sensitive areas along parade route.
- If your entry includes animals, you are responsible for providing water and picking up after your animals.
- Alcohol and smoking is not allowed to be consumed by parade participants. Police on hand will be monitoring the parade as well as the crowd.
- Commercial business entries may not simply ride through the parade route in their company vehicle. All entries must be decorated according to a parade theme and/or in an appropriate holiday manner.
- In the case of an emergency with parade participants or spectators, parade participants must move to the right of the parade route to allow clear, unhindered access for emergency vehicles
- The Williston Recreation & Parks Dept. reserves the right to photograph and/or record the entire parade and use these images to promote or benefit the committee’s activities including use in electronic media.
- Note: The Recreation & Parks Dept. reserves the right to remove entries NOT obeying the rules listed above.