First adopted March 26, 1997, revised May, 2010, revised February, 2018
The Williston Recreation & Parks Department will make park facilities available to the public on a first-come-first-served basis, according to the User Classification below. With the permission of the Williston Recreation and Parks Department, some areas may be available for special use on a reserved and exclusive-use basis. Fees will be assessed for use of park areas, fields or facilities.
The objective of the following policies are to define which park areas may be used for different purposes, appropriateness and conditions of use, scheduling requirements and priorities and reservation requirements.
In order to establish priorities for groups seeking permission for exclusive and/or regular use of park facilities, the following classifications apply in descending order of priority. The Williston Recreation and Parks Department reserves the right to cancel the use of park facilities by any group, due to weather, field conditions or in favor of a group that is of higher classification.
- Events sponsored/co-sponsored by the Town of Williston, Williston Recreation & Parks or the Williston Schools.
- Williston Residents: Non-profit groups/sports leagues consisting of Williston youth or adults.
- Williston Residents: For-profit individuals, groups, organizations or businesses.
- Non-Resident: Profit or non-profit youth or adult sports leagues.
- Non-Resident: Profit or non-profit individuals, groups, organizations or businesses.
Permit Required Uses
The following conditions require a Williston Recreation & Parks Field/Facility Permit to be obtained. The permit must be in possession of the user during the scheduled use.
- A group of individuals who wish to reserve and use a park area or facility.
- Reservation and exclusive use of a park area, field or facility for a specific time and date or on a continued scheduled basis. (This includes “informal” practices by organized teams, “pick up” type games and scrimmages by groups and any small or large group clinics or one on one instruction).
- Use of a park area, field or facility for a tournament, camp or an event where individuals or teams are charged a fee to participate or spectate.
- Use of a park area, field or facility for a planned event open to the public.
- Use of park area or facility for commercial or fund-raising purposes
- Use of a park area, field or facility for mass media advertising, photography or for entertainers where donations or fees may or may not be solicited.
The following are the stipulation and conditions of obtaining a permit for any Williston Parks Facility. All groups and individuals seeking to schedule the use of a park facility must contact the Williston Recreation and Parks Department to obtain a permit.
- Permission to use a park facility will be granted to persons twenty one years of age and older.
- The Williston Recreation and Parks Department reserves the right to deny permission for an event if it is seen as potentially causing detriment to the Town of Williston facilities and resources.
- Denial of a permit may be appealed to the Williston Recreation Committee.
- The permit holder must be present at all times and have the permit on their person. They must show it upon request from a representative of the Town of Williston. (police, fire, recreation, etc.)
- The group and participants are restricted to the designated are of use, within the time frame listed.
- The permit holder is responsible for the actions of all persons using the park facility on the permit. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to inform all members of their group of the rules and regulations.
- Unruly behavior may result in immediate cancellation of the permit and/or future use of fields/facilities.
- Permits are not transferable. The park facility is to be used only by the group/participants permitted for, and for the purpose stated, and on the date on the permit.
- A specific day, date and time, on the permit, may be cancelled if the facility is needed for a recreation program, town event or school function. Advanced notice will be given to the contact person.
- The permitted group must notify the Recreation & Parks Department of any and all times that the park facility will not be used by their group. Weather cancellations exempted.
- Any costs incurred by the town in preparation for any activity/event or after such activity/event will be charged to the user group. This may be the cost of additional personnel that are required or trash removal.
- If any damage occurs to a Town facility as a result of a group’s use, it will be paid by the contact person for that group or if park area is used by an unreserved group or person they will be responsible for all damages occurred when identified.
- The permit holder will comply with ADA requirements, and will make programs accessible for those who require special assistance.
- Individuals or groups reserving the fields for use must provide the Williston Recreation and Parks Department with a Certificate of Insurance as proof of a Comprehensive Liability Policy naming the Town of Williston, as an additional insured party, from the loss or liability arising from their sponsored activities. The limits of the Comprehensive Liability Policy should be no less than One Million dollars ($1,000,000) per person and One Million dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence. No Parks Permit will be issued until the Certificate of Insurance is received by the Williston Recreation and Parks Department.
Park Facility Rules and Regulations
The following are the rules and regulations of use of the Williston Park areas, fields or facilities.
Waste Collection, Management, and Disposal
- Town Parks are open and available for use from dawn till dusk. Exception to this rule is the rink area in Williston Community Park, which is lighted until the hour of 9:30pm.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all Town parks, facilities, and on school property.
- Smoking and use of any tobacco products are prohibited in all Town facilities and on school property.
- Moving anchored goals are prohibited, and in doing so could cause serious injury or death and cancellation of permit.
- If goals that require sandbags are moved. Sandbags must also be moved and used on the goals. Not doing so could cause serious injury or death and cancellation of permit.
- The field/facility must be returned to its original state, as it was when the group arrived. If any equipment, goals, bleachers or other amenities are moved they are to be returned to their original location.
- All trash and recycling must be picked up and placed in the proper receptacle. Any over flowing trash or recycling must be removed by the permit holder, at their expense, and not left outside a receptacle.
- Trash removal is required at the expense of the user group of 50 or more people or a tournament type activity. Groups will supply their own trash removal; extra bins, dumpster, hauling away trash. See below, CSWD requirements for Waste Management.
- Users must use only the provided bathroom facilities. Portable restroom facilities are required at the expense of user groups of 50 or more people or a tournament type activity.
- No group shall conduct activities that require undue additional work for the Williston Recreation and Parks Staff. This includes wear and tear on turf and equipment, or trash clean up.
- All groups using Town facilities must comply with all local, state and federal codes, regulations and laws. Of particular notice are fire and safety codes.
- If a group is found to be in violation of any Town of Williston ordinance or policy, State of Vermont or Federal law, or the conditions set forth by the Williston Recreation and Parks Department, the group will cease to use the park facility until the situation can be remedied.
- Parking or driving is prohibited on all grass areas, fields or the Rec. Path. All motor vehicles must remain on roads or in parking lots maintained for vehicular traffic. Speed limit in all parks is five (5) M.P.H.
- All activities must be halted or canceled if the condition of the field/facilities would be deemed ‘unplayable’ by a reasonable person. This would include, but is not limited to; an ongoing and active weather event, ANY standing water on the field of play, drought conditions causing dry and brittle turf.
- No users may use amplified sound or additional lighting unless special permission is granted.
- No tickets are to be sold, admission fees charges, concessions allowed or any money-raising methods used without the express written permission of the Williston Recreation and Parks Department.
- The owner of every type of animal shall be responsible for the removal of any excreta deposited by their animal(s) on public walks, recreation areas or public property.
- Each distinct facility may have additional rules for use that apply to that specific location. User groups will be given any additional rules at the time of facility reservation.
Williston Recreation & Parks requires compliance with the Chittenden Solid Waste District’s Solid Waste Management Ordinance as a condition of reserving and using fields or facilities.
Requirements of this Ordinance include:
- Mandatory recyclables and food scraps must be collected separately from trash and kept as free from contamination as possible while awaiting pickup or delivery to the appropriate facility.
- Trash, recycling and composting receptacles for use by event attendees and staff must be provided in equal numbers and must be placed as close to each other as possible for equally convenient access.
- All containers for trash, recyclables, and compostable are required to meet CSWD’s color and labeling requirements.
- Plastic bags must not be put in dumpsters with recyclable or compostable materials. a. If recyclables are collected in bags, the bags must be emptied into the dumpster.
- Compostable materials can be collected and transported in bags that are clearly labeled as CERTIFIED COMPOSTABLE. Bags labeled “degradable” or any version of that are not acceptable and must be emptied into the dumpster.
Permit Holder is responsible for ensuring compliance by all staff, volunteers, performers, vendors, guests, and other visitors to the property.
The Chittenden Solid Waste District offers technical assistance, training, container labels, and other resources at no cost to help you understand and fulfill these requirements. Visit cswd.net or call 802- 872-8111 for assistance.
Athletic Facilities and other Amenities
- No fields/facilities may be used by groups or individuals unless scheduled and provided a permit from Williston Recreation and Parks.
- To obtain a permit the applicant must first fill out a Field/Facility Permit Application and submit it to Recreation & Parks- Click Here
- No fields may be used in the spring season until clearance is given by the Recreation & Parks Department.
- Any and all fields may be closed at any time if deemed ‘unplayable’ by the Williston Recreation and Parks Department.
Williston Community Park Soccer Fields: (Fields A, B, C, D, E)
Park Facility Use Fee Schedule
Reservations for soccer field use must be made by all organized teams or groups. No field lining, alterations to the fields, moving of goals or driving of vehicles on the field are allowed without express written permission of the Williston Recreation and Parks Department
Baseball/Softball Fields: (Babe Ruth field, Softball field, Majors field, Brennan fields, Rossignol field)
Reservations for baseball and softball fields must be made by all organized teams or groups. No field lining, alterations to the fields, or driving of vehicles on the field are allowed without express written permission of the Williston Recreation and Parks Department.
Multi-Use Fields: (Allen Brook Community Park)
Reservations for Multi-Use fields must be made by all organized teams or groups. No field lining, alterations to the fields, moving of goals or driving of vehicles on the field are allowed without express written permission of the Williston Recreation and Parks Department.
Sand Volleyball Courts: (Williston Community Park)
The Volleyball Courts may be reserved for use by organized groups for league or tournament play. Otherwise unless special permission is granted by the Williston Recreation and Parks Department, the volleyball courts will be available on a first-come-first-served basis. No players shall use the courts for more than one hour if others are waiting for a court.
Tennis/Pickleball Courts: (Williston Community Park & Rossignol Park)
The Tennis/Pickleball Courts may be reserved for Recreation and Parks Department sponsored programs at various times. Otherwise unless special permission is granted by the Williston Recreation and Parks Department, the courts will be available on a first-come-first-served basis. No players shall use the courts for more than one hour if others are waiting.
Basketball Court: (Rossignol Park)
Unless special permission is granted by the Williston Recreation and Parks Department, the basketball courts will be available on a first-come-first-served basis. No players shall use the courts for more than one hour if others are waiting.
Ice Skating Rink and Skate Park: (Williston Community Park)
Unless special permission is granted by the Williston Recreation and Parks Department, the ice skating rink and skate park will be available on a first-come-first-served basis. The area will be shared by all types of users.
Disc Golf Course: (Williston Community Park)
Unless special permission is granted by the Williston Recreation and Parks Department, the Disc Golf Course will be available on a first-come-first-served basis. Players shall let faster players play through and not hold up at a tee.
Park Restrooms and Concession: (Williston Community Park)
The restrooms are available during daylight hours from May-October and are open to all users of the park.
Requests for use of the concession are dealt with on a case-by-case basis and are subject to fees.
Use of the community grill is reserved for Williston community groups only. The grill must remain within the Town of Williston. The grill must be returned clean and ready for use by the next group. Not Included: Propane tanks, grilling or cleaning supplies.
All scheduled use of fields must obtain a Williston Recreation & Parks Department Permit prior to use. Fees will be assessed according to user classification and must be received prior to usage. Per = per field or court that is requested. Fee is calculated per field or court requested.
|Fields- Game/Practice use (up to 2 hours)
|| $40 per Field
|| $50 per Field
|Fields- Game/Practice use (3-4 hours)
|| $60 per Field
|| $70 per Field
|Fields- Game/Practice use (5-8 hours)
|| $100 per Field
|| $110 per Field
|Fields- Game/Practice use (over 8 hours, each hour over)
|| $20 per hr.
|| $30 per hr.
|Courts- Game/Practice use (up to 2 hours)
|| $20 per Court
|| $30 per Court
|Courts- Game/Practice use (3-4 hours)
|| $40 per Court
|| $50 per Court
|Courts- Game/Practice use (5-8 hours)
|| $80 per Court
|| $90 per Court
|Courts- Game/Practice use (over 8 hours, each hour over)
|| $10 per hr.
|| $20 per hr.
|Camps/Events- (additional fee added to field/court fee)
|| $2 per person
|| $4 per person
|Tournaments- (additional fee added to field/court fee)
|| $20 per team
|| $30 per team
|Concession (per day)
To be filled out submitted to Williston Recreation & Parks- Click Here