Rec. Camp- Explorers (Entering Grades K-2, Fall 2019)
Rec. Camp is a wonderful twist on the traditional day camp. Packed with recreation, sports, arts & crafts and nature activities, there is never a dull moment. This activity-based camp is the perfect blend of choice activities, age group rotations, free play and the ever popular field trips.
Campers have the opportunity to meet new friends, learn new things and have fun. Each day campers participate in themed activities, group games, choice time activities and indoor and outdoor play. After a morning on the go, there is lunch and quiet time to rejuvenate and be ready for an afternoon of fun activities.
Campers get to choose their Choice Times activities that come from the counselors that are hired. Each week counselors get to choose the choice times they want to offer. There will be a variety of activities to choose from.
Rec. Camp is held at Allen Brook School and is offered Monday-Friday, 7:30am-5:30pm.
Drop off is from 7:30-8:30am, the camp program is 8:30am-4:30pm and pick up is 4:30-5:30pm.
There are 8-1 week sessions available from June 24- August 16 (no camp July 4).
A session is Monday-Friday, and can not be broken up by days and is not prorated if child does not attend.
Your child can attend the days of a session that you want, but they are taking a spot in camp for the week, so the full fee must be paid and can not be prorated.
A session is $160 Res/$170 Non
A non-refundable deposit of $25 per camp, per session, per camper must be paid to enroll your child.
Use the Offline Payment Option at checkout for paying the non-refundable deposits. Payment must be mailed or dropped off at Rec. Office or use drop box, to enroll your child.
Your child will not be enrolled in a session until deposits or payment is received.
The remaining balance is due Friday, June 14. You can pay down the balance prior to that date by sending in a check weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
College age 18+ are hired as Counselors, High School age 16+ are hired as Assistant Counselors. There is a 1:10 ratio.
Camp Staff goes through a week of staff training and are certified in CPR and 1st Aid.
Explorers is a group in Rec. Camp:
This group is for youngsters entering grades K-2nd in the Fall 2019.
60 Explorer Campers are taken each session.
Explorer’s field trips are typically Thursday mornings and Beach Days are Friday afternoons. (Note: this may be different due to availability)
Typical Daily Schedule: (Note: days may be different due to weather, trips or beach days)
7:30-8:30a- Drop Off
8:30-9:30a- All Camp Game
10:00-10:30a- Choice Time Sign-up/Small Group Games
10:30-11:30a- Morning Choice Time
11:30a-1:00p- Lunch & Recreation Play
1:00-2:00p- Quiet Time
2:00-3:00p- Afternoon Choice Time
3:00-3:30p- Snack Time
3:30-4:30p- Games & All Camp Time
4:30-5:30p- Pick Up
Instructors: Rec. Camp Staff
- Final Balance for all camps and sessions must be paid in full by June 14, 2019.
- See Camp Policy & Procedures for detailed information, cancellations and refunds- see link below.
- T-Shirt: Campers will receive 1 camp shirt for the summer.
- Campers must provide their own lunch, snacks and drinks daily.
- Camp is held at Allen Brook School.
- Camp is 7:30am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday
- Drop off and pickup is near the playground at ABS.
Day Camp Registration Info:
- Choose the child you want to register for camp, on the ONE selection below.
- Use the "Change Member" to choose the correct child.
- Then click on "Choose Option" for the available sessions/weeks.
- You will then have the opportunity to select all the sessions/weeks of camp that you want to register that child for.
- Click on "Continue".
- Check your weeks and then click "Proceed to Checkout".
- You can checkout or click on "Keep Shopping" to register another child for a camp. The camp you just registered for will be saved in your cart.
- When you checkout answer any and all questions and click on "Continue".
- You will then have the options to "Pay Online" with a credit card or use the "Offline Payment" to drop off or mail in the fees.
- Use the "Offline Payment Option" to mail or drop off the non-refundable $25 deposits, per session/week, per camper, per camp.
- Registration for camps is done online and there are two payment options; at Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (A convenience fee of 3.5 % is added). Using this option your balance is paid in full and your child is enrolled in the camps/sessions that you have chosen.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is mailing or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. You can use the option to pay the non-refundable deposits- $25 per child, per camp, per sessions.
- NOTE: Your child is not enrolled until the non-refundable deposits or the full amount is received.
- Final balance for all camps or sessions is due on the June date above. Your balance can be paid down by sending in regular payments prior to the due date.
- After the June date above- Camp Registrations have to be paid in full at the time of registration. Deposits are no longer accepted after the final payment due date in June.
- The Offline Payment Option, closes the Second Friday of June, so all registrations, with a check or cash payment, after this date has to be done at the Rec. Office.
- Registration Deadline: registration closes the Thursday prior to that start date of each camp or session. Fridays are for preparing lists for the next week of camps.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A camp could be closed due to maximum number reached).